Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Collect athletic tape....(!?)

That's right, collect athletic tape!
Because there have always been many reasons to do so...but, come to find out, there are at least 5 new reasons, as I learned on saturday: NOW IN COLOR!!!

This is a glorious day and I am jealous that I am not back in college in the height of my obsession with athletic tape. We ONLY had white. Boring. But true to the trend and giant wave of color in just about every creative, design and manufacturing industry, from duct tape to wallpaper to handbags to injured achilles, color is the thing, and even the most utilitarian objects are getting back in the lime light again for their simple beauty of design...Just like the good 'ol days. And with much excitement, and if for no other reason than to liven up the LaCrosse Stuff retail tent at my very rainy tournament on Saturday, I bought FIVE rolls. Oh... the possibilities....

I can just re-imagine all my taped-up injuries now....Red for "away games" on both my ankles, and hot pink for the hamstring in the spring: How very fashionable for the field.

Looks like my cleats could use some primping too...



Bookbinding, presents, packages, bumpers, lacrsosse sticks, and hamstrings...
Ok, 10 years and it is time...the cleat at the toes also used to be square. The most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. Now they TOO come in colors! Keep your eye out for that post.

1 comment:

  1. Yes my friend, I think it is time for some new shoes!

    ReplyDelete