Sunday, April 29, 2012

Color Blocking...in more ways than one!

"Color blocking" - an easy, fool-proof way of producing a pleasing palette. But these new products really take the "blocking" idea to new levels! Blocks of blocks, put together to produce a real big block, these seats are show stoppers. I would like one in the greens and one in the warms, please. You can see the full line here (including these strange-o pyramid pillows). These cubes remind me of color-theory studies with the color-aid packs of silkscreened papers...those were the BEST homework assignments ever! I'm so interested in learning more and more about how color works in different mediums and how textiles lines are designed; One of the best exercises I experienced was when I was put to the task of sorting and presenting over 2500 color swatches from which a collection of 12 had to be selected! Crazy! That was a fascinating process to be a part of and invaluable to the teaching of my eye.

I hope you are inspired by how palettes come together around you, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment